What We Believe
We believe the Bible from cover to cover. This short outline explains what we understand the Bible to teach.
- The verbal, plenary inspiration (inerrancy) of the Old and New
- God in three Persons — Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- The new birth by grace through faith in Christ alone;
- Baptism by immersion for believers only;
Baptism is not required for salvation, but it is part of the Great Commission
- The eternal salvation of the believer, (some people call it 'eternal security.' We prefer to use the
Biblical term for it - 'eternal life').
- The Lord's Supper as a memorial;
- Evolution is a hoax, unscientific as it is unbiblical;
- The bodily resurrection of Christ and His bodily ascension into heaven where He now intercedes for
- The pretribulation rapture of all believers;
- The premillennial return and millennial reign of the Lord Jesus Christ;
- The judgment;
- The reality of Heaven and Hell;
- The local church as God's institution to carry out the Great Commission;
- The obligation of every believer to live a holy life and witness to the lost of the saving power of
We don't always agree 100% with everyone we refer to in this web site. We don't have to. As long as they are
living Godly lives and preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ without alteration, we respect and love them as
brothers and sisters in Christ, regardless of denominational affiliation.
We have no respect for the liberals who do not believe in the inerrancy of the Bible but who claim to be
I have worked in Baptist Churches and independent Bible churches (I.F.C.A.). I have spoken in churches of many
We are members of Mandarin Baptist Church of Temple City, a Chinese Southern Baptist Church in Southern